Choosing the type of flooring that you will use to accentuate the design and feel of your home can be quite challenging. After all, there are lots of options to consider! Even once you have decided to use a material from your local Southeastern MA natural stone and tile installer, you still need to choose from a wide variety of patterns and textures in tile. One of the most popular types of tile right now in the New England region are a material known as wood effects long tiles.
Long tile in Southeastern Mass provides homeowners with a texture and look that is similar to wooden planks. The pieces are long and narrow instead of perfectly squared or rectangular, as we are used to seeing in tile materials. Some have textures or unique colors added to them, while other manufacturers stick with the typical colors and styles of natural stones and tiles. Compared to other flooring materials, such as carpet, laminate or natural wood flooring, stone and tile provides longer lasting, great looking results that will enhance the look and feel of just about any home.
Why Choose Tile?
There are many reasons why people choose to use long tile and other patterns and textures in tile for their South Coast region homes. Companies that provide Southeastern MA natural stone and tile can be used to install a wide variety of materials options and can even work with the homeowner to design a completely new and unique finished result. Tiles can be put together in a number of interesting ways, and long tile in Southeastern Mass opens up the possibility to many more.
The top benefits associated with choosing traditional or wood effects long tiles are:
- LONG LASTING – Homeowners who choose to use tile should invest in a good quality material and professional installation to boost the return on their investment. Tile is a long lasting material that will provide homeowners with a hard, very durable surface that is designed to look great and perform well for many years to come. Choose from ceramic, porcelain and even local Southeastern MA natural stone and tile options based upon their ability to stand up to the test of time.
- INCREASES HOME VALUE – When prospective buyers are out shopping for a new home, the first thing they look at is what they will have to replace. Carpet and linoleum are usually the first things to go. Factor in the cost of tearing out the old and replacing it with brand new, and that can hurt the sale of your home. Well designed tile in patterns and colors that enhance the beauty of the home will help to increase home value and help to sell the home faster than properties that are designed with different types of flooring materials.
- MANY DESIGN OPTIONS – Choose from a wide variety of patterns and textures in tile. Long tile in Southeastern Mass is a relatively new trend, but it is quite popular in decorator magazines and with prospective buyers. Wood effects long tiles can give the look, feel and texture of real wood, but without the specialized cleaning requirements and expense. Work with your tile installer and designer through Arena Tile & Stone to create a custom tile design that will add beauty and function to your home.
- CLEAN & SAFE – Did you know that the type of flooring you choose can affect the quality of the air inside your home? Studies show that tile floors help to decrease allergens and pollutants. Many materials are made using zero or low VOCs or “volatile organic compounds”, which contribute to many different health issues. Glazing tile with an anti-microbial agent to reduce bacterial growth is also an option for homeowners who are concerned about keeping a sanitary home.
- VERSATILE – While we have already talked about the patterns and textures in tile, as well as options for tile designs and the use of long tile in Southeastern Mass, it is important to understand just how versatile tile can be. It can be used on floors, walls, ceilings, countertops, backsplashes, fireplaces, pool areas and more. It comes in many different colors, sizes, styles, textures and more to allow homeowners the opportunity to work with Southeastern MA natural stone and tile designers and installers to create a unique look and feel for their homes.
- LOW MAINTENANCE – Compared to other flooring materials, standard tile and long tile in Southeastern Mass requires very little maintenance, standing up to pet accidents, spills and even standing water. Basic soap and water can clean up any little mess that comes your way and many of the grouts that are available today are designed to be resistant to stains.
Get Beautiful Tile at Arena Tile & Stone
If you are interested in learning more about wood effects long tiles, standard tiles, natural stone tiles and other types of patterns and textures in tile, look no further than the craftsmen and designers at Arena Tile & Stone. Give us a call today at 508-971-5200 for a free estimate on your next home remodeling project right here in Southeastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod!